Real Estate Law – North San Diego County
Effectively handling common real estate law-related disputes is the cornerstone Joseph Stine Law for clients in North San Diego County. In each case, Joe’s experience as a mediator has allowed him to explore ways to resolve disputes without unduly prolonging or complicating the conflict.
- Representing buyers and sellers in disputes arising out of home purchases and commercial leases.
- Enabling property owners to disengage from unworkable joint title arrangements with estranged family members or former romantic partners.
- Helping clients deal with disagreeable neighbors on rights-of-way, overhanging trees, misplaced fences, nuisances, and other adjoining property issues.
When in litigation, Joe aggressively argues his client’s most favorable legal position while keeping an eye out for settlement opportunities that are reasonable and save money. Over 95% of all civil cases are settled or otherwise resolved without trial. California courts urge parties to use mediation and other alternative dispute resolution processes to resolve their dispute before the day set for trial. As a litigator, our goals is to look for potential avenues for settlement throughout the litigation process while at the same time preparing for trial in the event that a judge or jury must decide the case.
Most of Joseph Stine Law’s real estate law-related work arises from property disputes, issues, or transactions in northern San Diego County. If the matter goes to litigation, the case is typically heard in the North San Diego County Division of the San Diego Superior Court in front of independent calendar judge with whom I am familiar. The Vista Court offers multiple settlement processes including mediation, attorney settlement panels, and judicial settlement conferences. Joe has extensive experience in each of these processes and has settled hundreds of cases as a mediator appointed by the Court.
“My law practice style is to vigorously advocate for the client’s interests without being overzealous or unnecessarily contentious. Every effort is made to look for cost-effective, creative avenues for resolution to prevent the dispute from degenerating into a highly personal confrontation that inflames party emotions. I am skilled in strategically employing the best settlement process for the particular real estate law dispute and counseling the client on how to take full advantage of that process in order to put the case behind him.” – Joseph Stine
- Residential & Commercial Transactions: escrow-related issues, due diligence reviews during pending sales, deposit retention and returns, undisclosed property defects, real estate agent issues, leases, options to purchase
- Adjoining Property Disputes: access rights over private roads and pathways, encroachments, property line issues, nuisances, view disputes, trespasses
- Ownership & Title Issues: co-ownership dissolution, title disputes, adverse possession claims, condominiums, foreclosure issues
- Homeowner Association Disputes: covenants, conditions, and restrictions (CC&R) violations, fees and assessments, noise complainants, informal and alternative dispute resolution processes, association governance, architectural standards, property maintenance issues
“We just wanted to express our big thanks to you. We could not have resolved this issue without your expertise and professional guidance. We were unaware of the temporary water site agreement that was made between the original owner of our house and the city irrigation district. The water district was asking us to pay so they can move the water main on to our property. We sent several letters and made phone calls to the title company, but they did not show any interests to even discuss this issue. Both my husband and I felt that we needed professional help whose expertise in real estate law. We found you on the lawyer’s website, we liked that fact you have dealt with numerous local real estates problems. You were very genuine and easy to talk to, made us very comfortable in the office. We also appreciated that you were very clear about your service fee, no hidden fees or surprises. With your involvement, the title company realized their oversight of checking county records which led to pay out almost entire fee for the relocation of water main on to our property. We were very happy with the outcome, especially we were able to avoid long process of arbitration. We feel that our weight have been lifted, no more nagging headaches. Again, thank you very much for your help.”
Tim & Rumiko Harkness
Joseph is a San Diego native and has practiced law for 37 years specializing in Real Estate, Business and Civil Litigation. He also served as the 2016 President of the North County Bar Association.